Thursday, March 8, 2012

Makeup Review: MUFE HD Kit

I apologize for my hiatus! I've been super busy with work travel. Picture highlights from LA & San Diego to come soon! :)

I've always been a huge makeup fan. I love to try different eye shadow, bronzer, blush, lip stick, everything. But, for some reason, I had been wearing the same powder (with one slight variation) since I was like 15! I still love my Perfectly Real Clinique Compact, but decided to branch out to something a little different.

In comes Make Up Forever's HD Complexion Kit at Sephora. *Side note: they are now putting mini-Sephora's in JCPenny's so you may find one closer to you!


I will start with saying that I've been an anti-liquid foundation girl. The last time I tried one, apparently 12+ years ago now, they were cakey and thick. I hated the way my face felt. As a result, I went to a powder only routine....until this recent discovery. You don't have to buy the kit, but I think it's a good deal if you want to try it out because it saves you quite a bit of money. Their kabuki brush alone is $39 and is included in this kit. I love it, but more on that later...

HD Primer goes on light and keeps the foundation in place all day. The scent reminds me of a "Water Baby" (for all you 90's kids) which I oddly enjoy. It's nice to have something that reminds you of your childhood in everyday life. Anyways, you only need about a dime size for your whole face.

HD Foundation goes on nicely and is easy to build up if you have something you want to cover. I wouldn't consider it full coverage, but like I said, you can build it up. Two pumps will cover your whole face and you can apply it with a foundation brush, flat top kabuki, blender sponge or your fingers. I normally use a foundation brush or my fingers if I am in a rush.

HD Powder is an award winning finishing powder made of 100% mineral silica. Just tap a little into the cap, dab in the kabuki brush, tap the powder down into the brush and swirl gently on your face. Be careful not to put too much on, I have heard it can give a white cast in pictures. I also use a little bronzer afterward so I don't have to worry as much.

Kabuki Brush is one of the softest brushes I have ever used. It feels so nice on my face every morning, I love it. It distributes the HD Powder nicely.

Overall, I am loving this product. I've even gotten compliments from other women on how nice and natural my skin looks and they ask what I use. It takes a little longer to apply than my old powder routine, but I am getting faster. It stays on all day and rarely needs touched up, even in humid Florida!  It's also a little more expensive than Clinique, but I've had my kit for two months and the only thing running low is the mini primer. So, the cost might actually equal out. I also love the fact that instead of having to buy a new color every time my tan gets darker during the summer (like with powder), you can just buy your darkest shade (I don't know mine yet) and your lightest (I am 127 now) and mix them as your skin tone changes. I think that will probably save some money as well.

Anyways, I hope this helps you if you were thinking of trying something new! I've got lots of other things to review too. Also, if there is something you are wondering about, ask me, I may have tried it already!

xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment