Monday, June 18, 2012

MyGlam: June "Out All Night" Review

I recently signed up for MyGlam because I love trying out new products and thought it would be a fun, monthly "first look" type review to blog about for you guys. How MyGlam works is; You sign up on their website and get placed on their waiting list, once you're added (mine took about a month or so), they send you a "glam bag" every month full of goodies for 10 bucks! How fun is that? I was excited to get my first glam bag this month. Here is what I got!

The name of this bag is Out All Night :

Gold Glitter Makeup Bag

















-Inside-

*Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream & special discounted price for a Living Proof kit with Shampoo, Conditioner & the styling cream
*Philosophy Cream Moisturizer in Take a deep breath & coupon for free shipping on philosophy.com




















Review:
*Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream - "Stops frizz, weightlessly blocks humidity, smooths & conditions with no heavy silicones or oils"
- I liked the scent of the cream, reminded me of being at a spa. It went on nice and helped de-tangle my hair. But, since I have such fine hair, I found that it did weigh down my hair, especially when dry, and made it feel sticky in the extremely humid Florida heat. I probably won't use again, but it might work great if you have thicker hair that frizzes easily.


*Philosophy Cream Moisturizer - "A lightweight moisturizer that detoxifies and helps protect skin for a healthy-looking glow"
 - I like the idea of this cream, using oxygen to revitalize your skin & spirit. I liked how it went on under my make up, very lightweight. It did cause me to get a little oiler in the afternoon, but I do have combination skin and it's been humid. Overall, I liked it and will probably use it up, not sure if I will purchase.
***


*NYX Lip Smacking Lipstick in Powder
Review:
"Incredible color that resists wear and smudging, let your lipstick last all night with an amazing velvety smooth, mineral formula"
- I loved the formula of this lipstick, velvety smooth just like it says, and it lasted a long time. The color I got was "Powder" which is a powdery lavender color (swatch left). I do like the color, but probably won't wear it often just because I don't feel it is very versatile with my skin tone (olive). I think it would be gorgeous and more versatile on someone with fair skin. I will definitely purchase this lipstick in other colors though. You can find it at Ulta.






*Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen in 30 (Black)

Review:
"Master the art of beautiful eyes with this unique waterproof, smudge free and long-lasting semi-permanent eyeliner pen"
- I was very excited to get a liquid eyeliner pen. I have been wanting one to try out a Lilly inspired vintage cat eye look, but always forget to pick one up. I loved this pen. The tip is precise and soft, the product goes on nice and is dark, but not too black. It gave me the perfect cat eye. I love it! I will most likely purchase when it runs out.







Glam bags consist of trial & full size products. The first two were trial size and the last two were full. I hope this was helpful, especially if you are looking for a product like these or just enjoy trying new things like me!

"God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using Time & Pressure. He's working on you, too" ~ Rick Warren (Author of Purpose Driven Life)


xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment