Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Decorating!

There are a lot of great benefits to carving a pumpkin - roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie! - but, this year I was inspired to try something a little different for the smaller pumpkins I buy for decor inside our house.

So far, I have completed one idea, and it only took about 30 minutes with items I already had!

My Inspiration:
































My Version:
Since I love all things polka dotted, and it seemed to be the easiest idea, I took a stab at it...well, not really :)

Items you will need:
Small "Pie" Pumpkin, round stickers (Lilly stickers shown here) & a gold paint marker

















Place the stickers randomly around the pumpkin & trace, then fill in













Finished product! I am using as part of a table centerpiece


















I loved the way it turned out, and I can't wait to try the other ideas as well! Of course, we will still be carving pumpkins, but this was a fun way to do something different for inside.

Happy Fall!

xx,
Jaime

2 comments: