Thursday, December 15, 2011

Smoked Salmon Flatbread

My husband and I absolutely love smoked salmon, so when I was visiting Vancouver, I picked some Smoked Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. It reminded me of a delicious smoked salmon flatbread from Seasons 52 that I discovered over the summer. I remembered taking a picture of the menu so I could attempt to recreate it later - and recreate it I did!

First, I had to make the flatbread itself. Seasons 52 made their's with lavosh, so I looked up this Lavosh recipe and went to work. Instead of making balls, I made it into a large ovalish shape and baked as described.



Then, I chopped up fresh dill and mixed it in with plain sour cream and let it sit in the fridge, and thinly sliced red onion.

When the lavosh was cool, I spread the Dill Sour Cream over top, covered it with the Smoked Salmon and topped it off with the red onion. While it doesn't look as pretty as theirs, it was absolutely delicious!


xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment