Monday, December 5, 2011

Vancouver!

With my job, I travel quite a bit. Last week I was in Vancouver, BC, Canada for the first time. It is gorgeous. I actually didn't end up taking many pictures, mostly because I didn't think they would do the city much justice. I was on the coast, and it was just breathtaking to see the water with snow covered mountains in the backdrop.

While I was there, I visited a couple places that I would say are a must see if you ever get the chance to visit.

The first is this little coffee shop (which happens to be under our office there) named Smart Mouth Cafe. They have great breakfast burritos and lattes (that they put cute little foam hearts in) complete with a friendly staff which gave me the nickname "Sugar Free Barbie". They got a kick out of my Sugar-free Vanilla, Non-fat Milk Latte order.


Second is the Top Of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant which has fantastic views and great food. We went at night, which was neat because Vancouver has unique city lighting. But, if I get the chance to go back, I would go during the day to be able to see the mountains. etc. They also offer an elevator ride to the top (for a small fee) without dinner.


Lastly, we took a trip to Granville Island Public Market where they offer everything from freshly caught seafood, fresh fruits and vegetables, organic Canadian Maple Syrup to handmade items and specialty restaurants. It reminded me of a indoor farmers market, except it is open every day of the week! I purchased a few types of Pacific Salmon that we can't find here in Florida and some of the maple syrup. The syrup is delicious and we will be making some of the fish tonight, I am very excited!


xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment