Monday, November 28, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's the time of year where there are so many great holidays packed in to such a short period of time. I love holidays, celebrating with old traditions and making new ones. It's one of the reasons I'm usually one of the first people to break out the fall candles, pumpkins, pick up the biggest Christmas tree I can find (or fit in our living room), make people chow & put on the Christmas carols. I love it all.

This week (while taking a little hiatus from blogging), I did just that. I spent Thanksgiving with everyone I love: my husband, parents, sister, niece, and a bunch of Justin's family. Got a 10ft. Christmas tree (our biggest... so far), started decorating the house, celebrated my nieces 1st birthday and made my personal holiday favorite, people chow (a double batch to share, of course!)

If you are not familiar with people chow, you have to try it! Here is the recipe we have been using since I was a little girl.

1 Stick Butter
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
6 oc. Chocolate Chips
12 oz. box Crispix Cereal
1 box Powered Sugar
4 Large Paper Bags (from Grocery Store)

Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate over low heat. Double up the paper bags (one inside the other - for extra protection). Empty Crispix into one of the doubled bags. Pour melted mixture over cereal in bag. Shake lightly until cereal is coated with mixture. Put coated cereal in 2nd set of doubled bags and pour in powered sugar. Shake until the sugar is covering the cereal. Spread People Chow over wax paper and let dry for about a half hour. Enjoy!!





xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment