Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chocolate Heaven

My sister and I decided we are going to try a new recipe every week. I am super excited to expand my culinary skills! This week, she came up with the idea of S'more & Ritz cookies, which she learned from one of her good friends this past Christmas. I had never tried either so I was extremely excited.... especially because I am a s'more fanatic.

I didn't document the Ritz cookies for some reason, but I will describe the steps below. They are both really easy and delicious!

S'more Cookie


First, get your Graham Crackers & Marshmallows. We broke some graham crackers into 4 (for smaller s'mores) and some into 2 (for regular size).



Then, melt your chocolate. We used Almond Bark Chocolate Flavored melting candy and melted it in the microwave. It tastes just like chocolate!


Place the marshmallows on the graham crackers and heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until they start to get larger. Pull them out and place a graham cracker on top (like you would a regular S'more). 

Coat them in the melted chocolate & let sit on wax paper or tin foil to harden. Viola, S'more Cookies that you can enjoy for a few days instead of just an evening!

We added a little color with *Pink* Sprinkles (of course)




Ritz Cookies
Smooth...or glob...Peanut Butter in between two Ritz crackers and push together. Smother in the melted chocolate & lay out to cool on wax paper or tin foil (like the s'more cookies). They are to die for!

For a cute display, I placed mine in my mini cake stand on the counter.



xx,
Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment