Monday, January 23, 2012

Seashells by the Seashore

The beach is easily my favorite place to be. I love feeling the sun on my skin, the sea-breeze through my hair and the sand on my toes. It has a way of relaxing me and making me happy - no matter what. 

So, when I can't be at the beach, I love to have beachy items around our house to make me feel as if I am there every day. Lucky for me, my husband loves the beach every bit as much as I do, so our whole house is infused with tropical decor for an everyday vacay feeling. Minus the pink plastic flamingos...love pink, love flamingos, but you get my drift :)


One of my favorite ways to display almost anything is in apothecary jars. I own about 10 of them, all different shapes and sizes. These are two of my favorites from World Market. You can use them to display anything from Christmas tree clippings to candy, fruit, Easter eggs, and in my case seashells, starfish and sand dollars. I love to switch them out according to season, but until I find the perfect Valentines decor, my go to is always my assortment of shells.

xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment