Thursday, May 31, 2012

Perfect Pony

This might sound odd, I think it's a pretty ridiculous problem myself, but I have been in a hair tie crisis for quite a few months now. Don't ask me why, but I am obsessed with having the perfect worn in, just-the-right-shade of blonde hair tie. By the way, they also have to be the thin "ouchless" bands or else they pull on my baby fine hair...ouch! When I saw my stash, that I've had for about 2 years, was running low I started looking around for a new pack... you can guess what happened next... I couldn't find them anywhere, I mean ANYWHERE! I even checked other states! It was bad. So anyways, my point in telling you all of this is to say that I actually found an even more awesome hair tie that I would like to share with all of you! And even better, they come in awesome colors, as well as, your regular blonde, black & brown.


My sister-in-law was wearing one on her wrist a few weeks back & I asked her what it was. She went on to tell me it was this awesome hair tie she got at Target, so I went to check it out of course! Well, I didn't find them at first which was a bummer, so I searched a little more. It jogged my memory that I had seen similar ones by Planet Blue on the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere in January and then came across the Emi-Jay rave, but I didn't really want to pay that much for a hair tie and then shipping on top of that. So, I decided I was going to make them myself (which is quite easy as you can see - I will explain below if you are interested), until today when I happened upon them in Target where they were located on... of all places... an end-cap! Not to be found in the hair aisle at all! Weird, but I'll take it, and I thought I would let you all know in case you are searching for some too! And, by the way, if you're not, you may want to give them a whirl! I have had them for about 4 hours and am in love. They are by Remington, below is what the packaging looks like, and they are $2.50 for a pack of 3. A little more expensive than regular hair ties, but well worth it! And much less than Planet Blue & Emi-Jay's.


As you can see, they come in lots of super cute colors, so you can wear them on your arm like a bracelet... even with your Arm Party if you'd like to add a pop of functional color.


They don't yank or break your hair, they don't leave a crease and they give you that perfect perky pony effect without using two hair ties! 



***
How to make them yourself:

~ Purchase 5/8" Satin Foldover Elastic (on Etsy, eBay or I found a site called Bitsy Bands that has cute colors, Joann's & Michael's don't have it - I checked)
~ 1 yard = 3 hair ties
~ Cut in 12" sections, fold over, tie & trim ends diagonal

Voila! 
***

"Passion is Energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you" ~ Oprah

xx,
Jaime



No comments:

Post a Comment