Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Glow

During the Summer, I always gravitate toward a no-fuss, go-to look for glowing skin (to pair with my beachy waves).

This year, I am loving Garnier's B.B. (Beauty Balm) Cream. I use the Medium/Deep, but they also have a Light/Medium shade. It blends with your natural skin tone easily so it doesn't have to match perfectly. Some of the benefits include: helping even out discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness. BB creams usually come non-pigmented, so I like how this one has correcting color built in. Also, at around $13, it's fairly cheaper than most. I highly recommend it.


Since my skin isn't particularly dry (actually can be pretty oily after a few hours in the summer), I have been pairing the BB Cream with a light powder. I use either the Make Up Forever's HD Powder, as I reviewed here, or Revlon's PhotoReady powder that I picked up when I decided to try out the BB Cream. I am actually really impressed with Revlon's PhotoReady Powder. It gives a great, skin-perfecting finish and is light enough so that it doesn't feel "cakey" over the BB Cream. I use Medium/Deep in this too, but they have two lighter shades as well.


If you are looking for an easy summer look, I definitely recommend both of these products, they will make summer days so much easier!

To complete my easy breezy look, I have been using ELF's blush in Blushed (shown here) and contouring with Rimmel's Natural Bronzer (shown here). For my eyes, I am lining with a creamy gold shimmer stick (from Victoria's Secrets Heavenly Face line a few years ago) and topping with black waterproof mascara.

Voila! 

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anybody.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from within her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. ~Sam Levenson

xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment