Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DIY: Glittery Keys

When I came across this idea a few weeks ago, I knew I had to do it! Bling out my boring house & mail keys? Yes, Please!

What you will need:
* Tape - I used regular scotch tape so it wouldn't leave much residue
* Craft Glue - I used Martha Stewart Crafts decoupage glue & sealer which I picked up a Michael's. I liked it because it has a brush on the end and I can also put a coat on after everything dries to seal the glitter.
* Glitter! - I used Martha Stewart Crafts Iridescent Glitter in Jelly Bean
* Keys
* Toothpicks - to clear out any glue/glitter that may get in the key ring hole
* It only takes about 5-10 minutes!

First, tape of the bottom part of your keys so that you don't ruin them.

Second, coat both sides & edge with a thin layer of glue making sure it's smooth and you don't have any clumps. Clear out any glue that may be in the key ring hole with the toothpick.

Sprinkle all over with glitter (I did this over a paper plate)




Last, let them dry. If you have some styrafoam, you could stick the keys in that & let them dry. Since I didn't have any, I used rice & it worked really well.


And there you go, Pretty Glittery Keys! 

What I am wearing:
* Essie nail polish in Cute as a Button

Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins ~ 

xx,
Jaime




No comments:

Post a Comment