Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Little Pink Lips


Lucky for me, Pink, in lots of different hues and textures, is in for Spring & Summer! I like to think it's in all the time, but right now it's everywhere and I am absolutely loving it!

The newest pink trend I've been noticing is lips, like Blake's above, that pop. I am not one to shy away from a bold lip, or anything bold for that matter, but I think to get this look right, you have to find the perfect color for your skin tone. As is true in lots of cases, but more so when choosing a bold color. You don't want to end up looking like... a hot mess.

Here are some colors I've scooped up, and a couple that are on my "wish list".


Swatches of colors 1 - 6 above



  1. CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Fairytale - bright bold reddish pink
  2. Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - light lavender pink, better for fair skin tones
  3. Victoria's Secret Lip Gloss in Tiny Bubbles - pinkish purple sparkle with bubble gum scent
  4. Clinique Glossware in Kissy Fit - bright punchy pink
  5. Revlon Lip Butter in  Sweet Tart - sheer punchy pink
  6. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus - very sheer reddish pink
The two colors I want to try are:

     7.  CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Enchantress - bright barbie pink
     8.  Maybelliene Color Sensational in Fuschia Fever - bold lavendar pink

I will swatch these for you if I end up getting them. Which, knowing me, is pretty likely :)

I hope this helps you choose your perfect pink shade for spring!

xx,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment